Benefits to our Flexible Winter Farm Share
• You have full choice of veggies and pickups, and are not tied to a weekly pickup
• Fresh veggies available for our extended winter season, with special holiday order options
• Whether you are single, a couple, or a family, the flexibility makes it work for you
• We the farmers enjoy reduced pressure of marketing during the growing season
• As a member, you'll get to know us as "your farmers" and get to see how we grow your food
• Local, fresh, organic, nutritious and tasty veggies for everyone
• Support your local economy, and meet your locavore neighbors
Winter share season
The winter farm share season at Roots Farm will run approximately 20 weeks, from mid-November to late March. There will be two holiday pickups near Thanksgiving and just before Christmas, then the winter farm share will be weekly.
Winter farm share options
Large share: you pay $300 and receive 10% extra veggies – equivalent to $330.00
Small share: you pay $150 and receive 5% extra veggies – equivalent to $157.50
Crops planned for the winter harvest include: salad mix, watermelon radish, fresh (and sweet!) winter carrots, spinach, baby chard, arugula, kale, collard greens, parsley, scallions, red radish, hakurei turnip, pac choi, and braising greens.
Pick-up times & locations
You may choose your vegetables at our farm stand or at the winter farmers market. There is no need to commit to a single location for your pickup.
Roots Farmstand: Fridays 3-7pm
Special holiday pickups:
Contact us for an updated schedule.
Trade your work on the farm for veggies. A limited number of positions are available. Contact us for more info.