Looking for a great selection of delicious and nutritious organic vegetables year round? Check out our flexible and affordable farmshare program designed with your choice and convenience in mind. By signing up for a farmshare, you receive a set dollar amount of vegetables that you can use on whatever vegetables you choose, whenever they are available, at the pickup time & location of your choice. Read on to learn about our Summer and Winter Farmshares.
You can also sign-up online: contact us and we will send you the link to the form.
BENEFITS TO OUR FLEXIBLE Summer FARM SHARE
• You have full choice of veggies and pickups, and are not tied to a weekly pickup -- order or shope only when you want!
• Fresh veggies available for our extended summer season of 7 months!
• Whether you are single, a couple, or a family, the flexibility makes it work for you
• We the farmers enjoy reduced pressure of marketing during the growing season
• As a member, you'll get to know us as "your farmers" and get to see how we grow your food
• Local, fresh, organic, nutritious and tasty veggies for everyone
• Support your local economy, and meet your locavore neighbors
Summer SHARE SEASON
The summer farm share season at Roots Farm will run approximately 28 weeks, from early May to mid-November. Veggie pick-ups will be offered each week through the season.
Summer FARMSHARE OPTIONS
Small share: $300
Large share: $550
You decide how much and when to use your farm share account, and you can add to your account at any time during the season.
Crops planned for the summer share include: tomatoes, eggplants, sweet peppers, hot peppers, onions, garlic, leeks, beets, sugar snap peas, green beans, chard, kale, collard greens, broccoli, chinese cabbage, cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, salad mix, carrots, arugula, basil, cilantro, parsley, scallions, radishes, salad turnips, kohlrabi, celery, celeriac, bok choi, fennel, potatoes, sweet potatoes, spinach, ginger, and turmeric.
PICK-UP TIMES & LOCATIONS
You may pick up your vegetables at our farm, a farmers market we are at, or a buying club. You can select your pickup location each week.
Roots Farm on-farm pickup times are: Tuesdays and Fridays 4-7pm
Trade your work on the farm for veggies. A limited number of positions are available. Contact us for more info.